Is Spectrum enough for modern Indian history?
Spectrum vs Bipin Chandra – Spectrum is excellent for revision before exam, and Bipin Chandra is good to develop historical analysis aptitude and Mains type answers. So, we suggest to read both but use Spectrum for revision.
Which part of history is most important for UPSC?
But ancient and medieval history is mentioned as part of art and culture. Points to remember: Indian heritage, art and culture, architecture, etc. are very important as per the UPSC exam.
How can I learn IAS history?
General strategy to study UPSC History
- Create a chronology for every period with the important events mentioned.
- Revise the entire syllabus at least two to three times in the entire time span.
- Solve previous year papers as well as IAS practice papers for history on a regular basis to have better preparation.
Is it possible to prepare for IAS in 6 months?
Hence, for a six-month schedule, you will need to kickstart your UPSC Prelims preparation from December….Six-month Schedule for UPSC Prelims Preparation.
|Month||Area of Focus (6 hours)||Additional 2 Hours Each Day|
|May||Mock-test-based learning approach||CSAT mock-test-based approach|
Can arts students become IAS?
Answer. To become an IAS officer you should appear for UPSC exam and should qualify it and to appear for UPSC you should be a graduate from a recognized university. Your 12th course does not matter here it can be science,commerce or arts.
Which stream is best for IAS after 12?
The best course after 12th for IAS exam is BYJU’S IAS Coaching….What should you do after 12th to prepare for the IAS exam?
- Read more about civil services.
- Take up a graduation course that involves history and polity.
- During your graduation, study these subjects well keeping in mind the UPSC syllabus.
Which field is best after 10th for IAS?
You should pick the options such as Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Economics, and Sociology along with your main subjects after the 10th. They will provide a good base for your preparation for the IAS exam in the future.