Is Valentine a God?
Cupid, the Roman god of love and a common figure of Valentine’s Day, is often depicted as a winged infant—much like the cherubs in this postcard.
Is Valentine’s Day a pagan festival?
The earliest possible origin story of Valentine’s Day is the pagan holiday Lupercalia. Occurring for centuries in the middle of February, the holiday celebrates fertility. Men would strip naked and sacrifice a goat and dog. During the Valentine’s season, this farm in Ecuador processes 160,000 roses each day.
Who made up Valentines Day?
The ancient Romans may also be responsible for the name of our modern day of love. Emperor Claudius II executed two men — both named Valentine — on Feb. 14 of different years in the 3rd century A.D. Their martyrdom was honored by the Catholic Church with the celebration of St. Valentine’s Day.
How do you commercialize?
Five steps to successful commercialization of an innovation – can the pitfalls be avoided?
- Business potential and finding it.
- Getting the value chain involved.
- Clear roles and responsibilities.
- Risk management.
How do you commercialize a new product?
Consider including some or all of these approaches in your new-product marketing:
- Develop a direct marketing campaign.
- Create your advertising plan.
- Create communications materials.
- Develop a public relations and news media strategy.
- Develop a sales plan.
- Develop a pricing strategy.
- Contact your distributors.
- Also consider…
What are the reasons for failure of new product?
15 Reasons Why New Products Fail
- The new product or service does not fit with the customers’ perceptions of the core capabilities of the customer.
- Lack of basic market understanding.
- The product is sold to a different buyer in the customer than the current product line.
- The product is too new to the market.
- Lack of adequate promotion.
How do you commercialize an idea?
Conduct technical development or R&D to fill gaps in the product and how it solves problems. Build a quick and dirty prototype and get as much feedback from potential customers as possible to make it better. Develop a practical marketing and sales strategy before you go to market. Finally, execute your plan using Dr.