What are the six elements of drama?
In Poetics, he wrote that drama (specifically tragedy) has to include 6 elements: plot, character, thought, diction, music, and spectacle.
What are the three elements of drama?
Terms in this set (43)
- 3 elements of drama. technical, performance, literary; 3 ways works can be analyzed.
- literary elements (what it needs) has to follow plot; character, exposition, story organization, conflict, suspense.
- story organization.
What are the major features of a play?
A play has certain elements such as,
- Plot: It refers to the order of the events that occur in the play.
- Characters: The characters form a crucial part of the story and are interwoven with the plot of the play.
- Dialogue: It refers to the conversation or interactions between the characters in the play.
What makes a play unique?
Because every theater may not be equipped with everything to make your story a reality, plays tend to be far more character focused instead of world or plot focused. You are forced to convey character via words alone, just how we do in real life, and make each voice unique.
What makes dramatic work unique?
Through the combination of performance, music, dance, props, etc, the audience is able to feel like a part of the action. This is what makes the drama genre a unique genre of literature. Of course, you can also read drama in form of a written play. Drama can also be performed in films or on the radio.
What are dramatic qualities?
A drama is attractive, impactful and real as it presents characters along with a natural and credible aspects. It is very similar to a short story as it also comprises characters, plot, setting as well as symbolism.
What is a dramatic quality?
1 of or relating to drama. 2 like a drama in suddenness, emotional impact, etc. 3 striking; effective. 4 acting or performed in a flamboyant way.
When can you say drama is good?
Generally, the things that makes a good drama are: the involvement of an interesting issues, the use of the right dialogue and monologue, knowledge of the main issues, the use of unique and interesting characters, a clear theme and an understandable yet interesting plot.
What is dramatic expression?
adjective Characterized by or expressive of the action or emotion associated with drama or the theater. adjective Arresting or forceful in appearance or effect.