What did Jesus mean by Peter being the rock?
What Jesus said about the church?
Jesus’ church community is made up of people who serve God. These people will be found in every denomination. They will be found inside and outside formal churches. Jesus left no instructions about organizing our churches or church activities.
Did Jesus say not go to church?
Jesus didn’t say don’t go to church. He said don’t go to church for the sake of going to church. He was commenting on the people who would pray in synagogues and in the street, not because they wanted to pray and be at one with god but because they wanted other people to see them praying.
Can you have a relationship with God without being religious?
Yes, you can have a deep relationship with God without ever entering a church or synagogue or mosque. The advantage of being a part of a faith community is that you have people to support you on the journey.
How do you feel connected to God?
Some things you could try to connect to God:
- Connecting with nature.
- Read (Get as many different aspects of what God is to people and try to discover patterns, soon you will notice similar connections of what God is through your own experience. Ask and you shall receive!)
How can I stay connected to God all the time?
How to Stay Connected to God Through His Word
- Know Your Why. When we make a decision to do anything in life, we really commit when we know our why.
- Approach With Grace. The spirit indeed is willing but the flesh is weak.
- Be Intentional. Psalm 90:12 says,
- Make a Plan. Have you ever just opened your bible to see where it lands?
Why is it important to stay connected to God?
The three (3) Essentials of Sustaining Connection with God are: Our connection to God makes us clean, grow and bear good and much spiritual fruits. Our connection to God’s words leads to life. Our connection to God’s plans lead us to clear vision of eternal inheritance.
How do we spend time with God everyday?
CHOOSE A TIME
- FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. Try setting your alarm 20 minutes earlier.
- DURING YOUR CHILDREN’S REST TIME. Instead of catching up on chores, or surfing the internet, spend your child’s rest time with God.
- BEFORE BED. Sometimes the only way we’ll find time for God is if we spend time with Him right before bed.
What do you do in your quiet time with God?
- Prayer. Prayer is simply talking with God.
- Worship. Our God is incredible, powerful, and wonderful.
- Bible Reading and Study. This is probably one of the first things you think of when you consider a daily quiet time with God.
- Today’s Action Step.
- Additional Resources.
How do I follow Jesus everyday?
How to Follow Jesus in Everyday Life
- 10 Practical ways to be more like Jesus. How to follow Jesus?
- Love your enemies.
- Love your neighbor.
- Don’t judge others.
- Be humble.
- Don’t worry.
- Follow the Golden Rule.
- Worship God whole-heartedly.
How can I get closer quickly to God?
Fasting, reading the word of God, and praying will give us strength and help us grow closer to God. Some of the many benefits of fasting are that it: Enables you to concentrate more on the spiritual world when you consciously give up worldly pleasures. Leads to a greater intimacy with God by denying our carnal nature.