What is the best Sherlock Holmes adaptation?
Who’s the Best Sherlock Holmes? 17 Incredibly Different Takes on the Great Detective, Ranked
- Yūko Takeuchi (Miss Sherlock, 2018)
- Robert Downey Jr.
- Jonny Lee Miller (Elementary, 2012–2019)
- Basil Rathbone (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and more, 1939-1946)
- Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, 2010–2017)
Who is the best actor in Sherlock Holmes?
The best ever Sherlock Holmes actor has been revealed – as voted by you!
- Christopher Lee.
- Ian McKellen.
- Jonny Lee Miller.
- Peter Cushing.
- Robert Downey Jr.
- Basil Rathbone.
- Benedict Cumberbatch.
- Jeremy Brett. Topping our poll with 50.32% of the votes, it is of course Jeremy Brett!
Why is Sherlock Holmes so good?
Sherlock Holmes is no doubt, a great detective. Although he is a fictional character, he influenced a lot of standard procedures in the today’s forensic science. The truth is, he embodies the abilities of a great detective. Some traits he possesses seem natural to him while others were honed over time.
Is Sherlock Holmes Netflix good?
Although the Sherlock plots can’t beat Conan Doyle’s works (and whose could?), they are impressive, inventive, baffling, exciting, and engrossing. Arthur Conan Doyle’s classic series has been retold countless times, so it’s impressive that this latest version actually feels fresh.
Is Sherlock the best series ever?
Sherlock may be one of the best dramas of the modern TV era, but it has also been wildly inconsistent. When it’s good, it’s amazing. It’s been a raucous ride hanging out with Sherlock Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch) and Dr. John Watson (Martin Freeman) over the past four season and almost seven years.
Is there any show as good as Sherlock?
Sherlock is great in writing/cases/cinematography. Elementary has character driven stories and some great character development. White collar has a similar sort of ‘intelligence’ to it. The mentalist has a very similar character to Sherlock, only more charming and not nearly as sociopathic.
What should I watch if I love Sherlock?
Here are ten more mind-boggling shows to watch, like Sherlock.
- Elementary. Another show which takes the classic stories from Sir Arthur as it’s the source.
- The White Collar. An American TV series created by Jeff Eastin.
- Doctor Who. Another British television show from the BBC, created by Sydney Newman.
- The Mentalist.
Which is better True Detective or Sherlock?
Both are different in its own way but they are the same genre. It’s a tough one alright. True Detective season 1 is one of the greatest TV seasons of all time, and Sherlock is so bad that everyone involved in its production should be catapulted into the sea. That’s tough but I gotta go Sherlock for my tastes.
What should I watch if I like Sherlock Holmes movies?
14 Movies You Must Watch if You Love ‘Sherlock Holmes’
- Zodiac (2007)
- Se7en (1995)
- L.A. Confidential (1997)
- The Maltese Falcon (1941)
- Gone Baby Gone (2007)
- Angels and Demons (2009)
- Shutter Island (2010)
- Unknown (2011)
What should I watch after Sherlock Holmes?
- Broadchurch. Photo: Broadchurch / ITV.
- Lucifer. Photo: Lucifer / Fox.
- Sherlock Holmes. Photo: Warner Bros.
- House. Photo: House / Fox.
- Sherlock Holmes. Photo: ITV Granada.
- Agatha Christie’s Poirot. Photo: ITV Studios.
- Luther. Photo: Luther / BBC One.
- Midsomer Murders. Photo: ITV.
Does Netflix have elementary?
Is Elementary on Netflix or Hulu? Elementary is not on Netflix and probably won’t be for some time. CBS is promoting their new product: Paramount Plus and has pulled most of it’s popular, new content from Netflix. Hulu will simply link you to CBS.com for access to their shows.
Is Elementary better than Sherlock?
8 SHERLOCK: The Show Is Faster Paced Because of the relatively fewer episodes per season and only 4 seasons, Sherlock is able to keep its plots tighter than Elementary which has over 20 episodes per season for 7 seasons.