What is the difference between logy and graphy?
The suffix -logy means a branch of learning, or study of a particular subject. The suffix -graphy refers to something written about a particular subject.
What does the medical term logy mean?
LOGY : Connoting the study a certain subject From the ancient Greek verb legein, meaning “to speak”, this omnipresent suffix came to connote a person or entity that speaks on or studies a certain subject.
What does omy mean at the end of a word?
|OMY||On My Way|
What does Onomy mean in Greek?
If an ology is the study of a particular subject, an -onomy is the body of knowledge, and rules surrounding a subject of study. Once again coming to us from the ancient Greeks, it is derived from nomos, meaning law.
What does Ographer mean?
1. indicating a form or process of writing, representing, etc: calligraphy; photography. 2. indicating an art or descriptive science: choreography; oceanography. [via Latin from Greek -graphia, from graphein to write]
When was the word economy first used?
What does the root auto mean?
What word has auto in it?
Explore the Words
- autonomy. political independence.
- autonomous. existing as an independent entity.
- autobiography. a book or account of your own life.
- autocracy. a theory favoring unlimited authority by an individual.
- autocratic. characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule.
What are five words that have auto in them?
What is bio in science?
The word biology is derived from the greek words /bios/ meaning /life/ and /logos/ meaning /study/ and is defined as the science of life and living organisms. An organism is a living entity consisting of one cell e.g. bacteria, or several cells e.g. animals, plants and fungi.
Whats a bio on Instagram?
An Instagram bio is a small summary, found underneath your username, about yourself or your business. In your Instagram bio, you can include a short description, contact information, emojis, and more, provided you keep it under 150 characters.
Is Bio a word?
In a library, the word biography refers both to a kind of book and to a section where books of that kind are found. Often the word in these contexts is shortened to bio, a term that can be both a synonym of biography and a term for what is actually a biographical sketch: a brief description of a person’s life.