What is the opposite of archaic?
Opposite of very old or old-fashioned. modern. new. contemporary. current.
How do you use archaic in a sentence?
Archaic in a Sentence ?
- Because my archaic computer is no longer useful to me, I am giving it away for free.
- The original Ford Model T car is considered archaic when compared to modern vehicles.
- When I mentioned to my children that I still had videotapes, they were unfamiliar with the archaic movie format.
What is the opposite of convalescing?
Opposite of a gradual healing after illness or injury. deterioration. relapse. worsening. weakening.
What does I defy you mean?
transitive verb. If you defy someone or something that is trying to make you behave in a particular way, you refuse to obey them and behave in that way. This was the first (and last) time that I dared to defy my mother.
Is defy a positive or negative word?
Finally, “defy” has a slight negative connotation while “resist” can have a slightly positive connotation. Someone who “defies” is a troublemaker while “resist” is often used to describe someone perceived as fighting for a good cause.
What does defy gravity mean?
Originally Answered: What is defying gravity? It seems to refer to levitation. Which means that there is a force to balance gravity at some height leaving a visible gap between floor and object.
How do you cherish someone?
10 Ways to Cherish Your Spouse
- 1.Be sensitive to his/her needs.
- Let our actions as well as our words show her/him that they are loved, respected and cared for.
- Pay attention when the other is talking.
- Be careful and considerate in our language.
- Acknowledge each other’s feelings and the “stories” we tell ourselves without having to defend.
How do you use the word cherish?
Cherish in a Sentence ?
- I will forever cherish the teddy bear my late grandfather had given to me.
- It was easy to cherish the ugly sweater after the movie star touched it.
- Kurt would always cherish his very first goldfish.
- After all of her hard work, Christine cherished the moment she accepted her diploma.
Is cherish the same as love?
To cherish someone is to love someone dearly. It basically means to hold something or someone dear. You can also think of something you cherish lovingly or longingly when you cherish it. Love is an intense feeling of deep affection that is hard to sum up in words.
Will always be cherished meaning?
To cherish something is to care for it deeply, to treasure it, like the way you cherish the time you spend with a favorite person you don’t see often.
What is the meaning of charismatic?
1 : having, exhibiting, or based on charisma or charism charismatic sects a charismatic leader. 2 : of, relating to, or constituting charisma or charism charismatic gifts. charismatic.
Will cherish working with you?
I will cherish the memory of working with you and wish you all the best, enjoy your new job and life. 8. Although I cherish my children, I do allow them their independence. 9.
Where we can use cherish?
cherish the memories of you, our precious baby. These memories of you I will always cherish , your in my heart never to perish. cherish when Downey is at his finest. cherish for years to come.
What is a cherished memory?
1 verb If you cherish something such as a hope or a pleasant memory, you keep it in your mind for a long period of time. (=treasure) The president will cherish the memory of this visit to Ohio…
What is the meaning of cherished dream?
1. clung to, esp when fulfilment is unlikely. the cherished dream of a world without wars. 2. treasured.