Where should older couples stay in Crete?
Best Resorts in Crete for Couples
- La Maison Ottomane. Chania Town, Crete.
- Rimondi Boutique Hotels. Rethymnon, Crete.
- Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa. Chania Town, Crete.
- Casa Vitae Villas. Rethymnon, Crete.
- Casa Moazzo Suites & Apartments. Rethymnon, Crete.
- Thalassa Beach Resort. Agia Marina, Crete.
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete.
- Minoa Palace Resort.
Where is the best resort in Crete?
- Chania, best area to stay in Crete for your first time.
- Rethymnon, good area for affordable accommodation.
- Heraklion, best area to stay in Crete for sightseeing.
- Agios Nikolaos, good place to stay in Crete.
- Sitia, windsurf and nice beaches.
- Matala, beautiful beaches lying near famous archaeological sites.
Which part of Crete has the best beaches?
Where can I base myself in Crete?
Is there mosquitoes in Crete?
Mosquitoes are found all over Crete, especially during the period from April to October – the main tourist season. This time is the ‘Kounoupi’ sky for mosquitoes.
What is Maleme in Crete like?
Maleme is a quiet village on the island of Crete, surrounded by olive trees and vineyards, which is just how the small community likes it. Maleme is fairly new to tourism and holidaymakers, as it has remained a farming community for many years.
How dangerous is Crete?
Crime rates in Crete, Greece
|Level of crime||13.93||Very Low|
|Problem people using or dealing drugs||23.61||Low|
|Problem property crimes such as vandalism and theft||24.45||Low|
|Problem violent crimes such as assault and armed robbery||13.93||Very Low|
|Problem corruption and bribery||41.67||Moderate|
Is Crete warmer than Corfu?
This is one time of year when, contrary to what you might expect, Corfu is actually hotter than Crete. Daytime averages in both July and August are 32ºC, so expect some days to be much hotter.
Is Rhodes warmer than Crete?
Re: Which is hotter? Crete may be slightly hotter ….as it’s further south than Rhodes, to be honest I don’t think there will be much in it ….. with regards beaches ..
Which Greek island is the cheapest to live on?
Living in Greece – Real Estate and Cost of Living Prices in Crete, Rhodes, and Santorini are very similar. To live in Kalamata of the Peloponnese Peninsula, prices are much cheaper, with a one-bedroom apartment in the city center costing less than $300/month to rent.