Which is the prettiest part of Crete?
5 Most Picturesque Places to See in Crete
- The best beach in Crete, Balos lagoon. No beach in Crete is as visually stunning and unique as Balos lagoon.
- One of the best places to see in Crete, Samaria Gorge.
- The must-see sight of Spinalonga.
- The best beach in eastern Crete, Voulisma.
- The best place to visit in Crete, Agios Nikolaos.
What is the most beautiful town in Crete?
List with the best villages in Crete
- Chania Town. Chania, Crete. Chania Town is probably the most beautiful town in Crete.
- Sfakia village. Chania, Crete.
- Rethymno Town. Rethymno, Crete.
- Agios Nikolaos town. Lassithi, Crete.
- Anogia village. Rethymno, Crete.
- Archanes village. Heraklion, Crete.
Where in Crete is best for nightlife?
The wildest scenes for nightlife in Crete is the region from Malia and Stalis to Elounda. There are many clubs in Malia and Stalis, the two places that are mostly frequented by British tourists. In the rest of the tourist places of Crete, there are lounge bars with soft music and exotic cocktails.
What are the main towns in Crete?
- Heraklion. Heraklion is the island’s capital and largest city.
- Chania. Chania, or “Venice of the East”, is the second biggest city in Crete, built on the site of old Kydonia.
- Agios Nikolaos.
Can you get a ferry from Crete to Santorini?
You can get from Crete to Santorini by ferry all year round. During the summer, there are about 3 ferries per day from the port of Heraklion to Santorini. During the winter, there is usually 1 weekly ferry from Crete to Santorini.
Is Santorini really worth?
I wouldn’t say it’s not worth going to Santorini – it is certainly beautiful and perhaps it is one of those places you should see in a lifetime, but if you’re looking for a more traditional, easygoing Greece then you’re not going to find it.
How close is Crete to Santorini?